TOP Gift Ideas for Quilters!
It's that time of year, so we thought we'd ask some of our industry friends (and Marcus staffers who quilt) for suggestions on the Perfect Holiday Gift for quilters. here's what they said:
- Jan Mullen: "Lots of quilting supplies - essential for fresh New Year playtime, a complete set of Superior Threads BRYTES in 30wt, compete set of Riversilks silk ribbon in all sizes, a needlepunch foot for my Bernina, Nancy Crow's new book, and some time to make a new quilt for my bed!!"
- Marianne Fons, Fons & Porter: "An Oliso iron would bring joy to any quilter. It has a touch system so that when you take your hand off the handle, it stands up on little legs, taking the hot sole plate off your ironing board. This is great for pressing lots of patchwork units because you no longer have to set the iron back up on its end between pressing events - you just slide it away and up it stands."
- Janet Brandt, author, designer, and our own resident wool expert: "A copy of the book, Dangerous Liaisons, the Metropolitan Museum of Art book of 18th century costume, for great textile inspiration. Also a subscription to Craft magazine, a new publication for contemporary, tech-savvy crafters, a whole new movement of creativity."
- Pati Violick, our Director of Marketing: "A perfect holiday gift for me would be an all-expense paid Quilter's Retreat in Costa Rica."
- Brandy Browner, our Merchandising Coordinator: The new EQ6 Software, a Brooklyn Revolver, Judie Rothermel's Aunt Grace 15th Anniversary Limited Edition Boxed Fat Quarter Set, a complete set of Regency Series I & II fat quarters, a Wool Bundle in the Folk Art color palette, and the new Jan Mullen book
- Lisa Shepard Stewart, Marketing Manager: A "selective power failure", where the only things that worked in the house would be sewing room equipment and the CD player, for about 2-3 days, along with regular deliveries from my favorite Indian restaurant. Or airfare and gift certificates to Ghana's best fabric & bead markets.Or, a copy of Janet Brandt's book "Making Things - A Book of Days for the Creative Spirit". It is a perpetual calendar book to keep track of special days, filled with written and visual inspiration for the creative spirit.