Strip quilting has taken on new importance in recent seasons, made easier with precut, pre-coordinated strip bundles available today. Marcus takes strip quilting to the next level with STRIP IT, an exciting and versatile new collection of pre-printed 2½" wide prints spanning the width of the fabric!
STRIP IT's unique design features seventeen print sections across the width for lots of creative potential. We've thought of just a few ways so far:
- Cut it lengthwise along the print lines to create your own your own "strip bundles".
- Cut it crosswise to create strips with a design of 2½" squares across. Makes an outstanding border.
- Sew staggered strips together for the look of monochromatic bargello.
- Cut strips into squares and vary the layout using watercolor technique.
- Cut bias strips for quilt bindings, piping and other finishing details.
- Mix and match the four colors - black, white, tan and ivory, or use each on its own.
- Use Strip-It yardage for your quilt backs.
- Refer to our Overdyeing 101 features to create custom-colored STRIP-IT yardage, then repeat the above suggestions!